Chocolate chip cookies could possibly be the reigning King of the cookie world, with its numerous variations serving as heirs apparent. For example, this oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe might essentially be first in line for the cookie jar thrown. What can be better than the sweet chocolate flavor of a traditional chocolate chip cookie combined with quick-cook oats? Now you've got the best of both worlds - a delectable, indulgent cookie with a nutritious, fiber-packed side to it. This cookie is even great for breakfast. Just pretend you are eating an oatmeal muffin with chocolate chips!
This oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe is easy. If you can make conventional chocolate chip cookies, you can make these. The good thing about them is that for anybody who bakes even occasionally, it is most likely that all of these ingredients might already be in your pantry and no unique trips to the store are needed.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
1 cup of butter (let it soften prior to utilizing), 1 cup of light brown sugar, tightly packed, 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, 3 cups of the one-minute or three-minute oats, 1 copped chopped walnuts or pecans, 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Making use of your mixer, cream together the butter, both sugars till they're nice and smooth.
3. Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix nicely after every egg.
4. Add the vanilla.
5. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt) in a big bowl.
6. Gradually, with the mixer set on low, add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
7. Making use of a spoon instead of the mixer, stir in the oats, nuts, and chocolate chips.
8. Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
9. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Take out cookies from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes on the cookies sheets. Then remove them to wire wracks to finish cooling.
Ideas and Variations
Due to the fact this oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is currently a variation of the classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, let's just add a few ideas. (Despite the fact that you will find those who like to add about a cup of raisins to the dough, creating them even more like an oatmeal cookie.)
You could make cookie dough and keep it refrigerated as much as 24 hours before you bake them. Just let the dough warm up for about 30 minutes before you form the cookies. This cookie dough can also be frozen for 9 months as long as it's in an airtight container. Thaw until it is easy to deal with.
The author loves chocolate chip cookies and features a web page devoted to it. There you can find your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe. Also check this recipe for other recipes.